This is really shocking. Let us hope it is not true.
Israeli Army Radio has reported that, according to their source, a member of the Bush administration said in a closed meeting that President Bush and Vice President Cheney had decided that a military attack against Iran was necessary and that they would launch it before the end of their term.
The Bush administration has completely denied that report, and so let us hope that the Bush administration is not planning another foolish war.
Here is the article from the Jerusalem Post:
The White House on Tuesday flatly denied an Army Radio report that claimed US President George W. Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term. It said that while the military option had not been taken off the table, the Administration preferred to resolve concerns about Iran's push for a nuclear weapon "through peaceful diplomatic means."
Army Radio had quoted a top official in Jerusalem claiming that a senior member in the entourage of President Bush, who concluded a trip to Israel last week, had said in a closed meeting here that Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were of the opinion that military action against Iran was called for.
The official reportedly went on to say that "the hesitancy of Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice" was preventing the administration from deciding to launch such an attack on the Islamic Republic for the time being.
(Article continues at the link above)