Nov 11, 2008

Palin Openly Rips Bush And Blames Him For McCain's Defeat

Sarah Palin is openly ripping the Bush administration and is publicly blaming Bush for the defeat of the McCain/Palin ticket.

And you know what?

She is right.

"It's amazing that we did as well as we did," Palin stated during an interview with the Anchorage Daily News.

"I think the Republican ticket represented too much of the status quo, too much of what had gone on in these last eight years, that Americans were kind of shaking their heads like going, wait a minute, how did we run up a $10 trillion debt in a Republican administration? How have there been blunders with war strategy under a Republican administration? If we're talking change, we want to get far away from what it was that the present administration represented and that is to a great degree what the Republican Party at the time had been representing," Palin said in the same interview in a story that was published on Sunday.

It is surprising, yet actually quite refreshing, to see a politician speak so candidly.

The truth is that George W. Bush is one of the worst presidents in American history, and if Republicans are going to regain credibility with the American people, then they are going to have to admit that.

The reality is that Bush has run the economy into the ground, he has gotten us involved in endless wars and has ruined the reputation of the United States around the world, and he has made so many bad decisions that the idea of listing them all makes my head hurt.

Sarah Palin is also leaving the door open to a run in 2012. She had the following to say during a television interview with Fox News:

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door."

Palin's interview on Fox News' "On The Record" program has drawn a lot of attention. Palin also added this later on in that same interview:

"If there is an open door in 2012 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plough through that door."

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Palin is right. Bush and the Republican Party have seemingly failed us and so why wouldn't we elect a democrat?

    However, I disagree with you that Bush is the worst president in US history. While the media tries to deceive people that Bush ran the economy into the ground, the truth is, Bush had little to do with it. You can't list all the bad decisions because you're merely repeating the mindless drivel being broadcast on the automaton box. Please stop and get some knowledge about the subjects.

    If nothing else, Bush's legacy will be enveloped in the Supreme Court Justices he nominated. His appointments will carry a greater weight on the shape of our nation's future than any policy he made or bill he signed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes two to dance. The whole system has failed the American people in my opinion. I do not believe Bush was the worst President, but he sure has been the most embarrassing one I have ever seen. We all need to face the facts and take matters into our own hands and stop expecting handouts from the government.

    ReplyDelete