Oct 1, 2008

John McCain: "I Always Aspire To Be A Dictator"

While commenting on the Wall Street bailout yesterday during an interview with the Des Moines Register, John McCain made the statement that he aspires to be a dictator. The video clip linked to below will have your jaw on the floor.

Now, this was apparently (hopefully) a really, really bad attempt at humor. But after how Bush and other government officials have been so over the top in their attempts to grab more power over the past few years, this is not a statement to simply be brushed off.

This is what McCain said:

"This is just a not acceptable situation. I’m not saying this is the perfect answer. If I were dictator, which I always aspire to be, I would write it a little bit differently."

The video of this incident can be found here:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/01/mccain-aspire-dictator/#comments

No comments:

Post a Comment